Re: pf--?

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 00:50:16 +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Is there still much point in keeping pf(4) in NetBSD now that we have
> npf(4) (and also ipfilter(4))?

We run a busy pf based router @work, and it generally "just works"
where ipf(4) broke - has
<http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=27164> ever
been fixed?

And npf(4) - no offense meant to its authors - is neither stable nor
feature complete at this point - watch the steady trickle of PRs
against it.

> The last time it was updated was, according to the CHANGES files, in
> 2008, to the version coming with OpenBSD 4.2.

It works for me. Answering your question: Yes, there is.

Maybe drop it after NetBSD 10?  ;)

Cheerio,
hauke

--