Re: x11 cross-compile errors

On Sun, 28 Dec 2014, John D. Baker wrote:

> The end result is the compiler command line has "-O2" early on but has
> "-O1" later, overriding the previous optimisation flag.  With this change,
> "format_utils.c" compiles and my build of macppc w/gcc48 is proceeding.
> I will back up to sparc and evbmips-mips64el to confirm once it finishes.

The macppc gcc48 build completed.  The sparc build completed.  I'm now
retrying the macppc gcc45 build--it seems to have gotten past the
format_utils.pico build.

Meanwhile, I did a fresh build of -current/prep on a -6/amd64 host
WITHOUT the changes to "src/external/mit/xorg/lib/libmesa.mk" since the
nightly build machines seem to have no problems.  This failed with:

[...]
--- format_utils.pico ---
powerpc--netbsd-gcc: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1)
no stack trace because unwind library not available
Please submit a full bug report,
See <http://www.NetBSD.org/Misc/send-pr.html> for instructions.
*** [format_utils.pico] Error code 4
nbmake[8]: stopped in /d0/nbsd/current/src/external/mit/xorg/lib/gallium
1 error
[...]

The -6/amd64 build host has 3328MB RAM+4GB swap.  (The weird RAM size
is 3GB+256MB.  Although the machine has 4GB physical RAM, that's all the
BIOS makes visible (BIOS also claims one of the 2GB DIMMs is only 1GB).)