Re: x11 cross-compile errors

On Sat, 27 Dec 2014, John D. Baker wrote:

> Then I'll build with the now-default gcc48.  Unlike all the other builds,
> this will be a non-update build with empty target directories (at least
> as far as the macppc objects/tools are concerned).

No dice.  Even a clean build of tools, etc. won't work around this.  As
suggested, I added 2GB more swap via a swap file (for 2GB RAM+4GB swap)
and it still failed with:

[...]
cc1: out of memory allocating 1175412 bytes after a total of 0 bytes
*** [format_utils.pico] Error code 1
nbmake[8]: stopped in /x/current/src/external/mit/xorg/lib/gallium
1 error

On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 13:39:50 -0500, scole_mail <scole_mail%gmx.com@localhost>
wrote:

> For format_utils.pico, the -O2 flag seems to be causing the out of
> memory error.  When I removed that flag it compiled quickly instead
> of running out of memory.  May be this is gcc 4.8/powerpc related.

I've been trying to figure out where I can override the optimization
flag for just this one source file, for only the architectures I've
observed failing, but I haven't had any success.

The seemingly obvious file is "src/external/mit/xorg/lib/libmesa.mk",
followed, perhaps by "src/external/mit/xorg/lib/gallium/Makefile", but
CFLAGS alteration in these would be applied to all files, not just
"format_utils.c".

There seemed to be a "CFLAGS.<sourcefile>" construct to permit per-source
setting of CFLAGS contents, but it had no effect when I tried it.  Perhaps
I put it in the wrong place?

Hints?