Re: Branching delayed (was Re: Preparation for creating netbsd-7 branch)

On 8/8/14 10:29 AM, Piotr Meyer wrote:
On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 07:49:56AM -0700, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
[...]

Lots of good progress has been made - expect the branch to be
created within the next 2 or 3 days.
Is there chance for dealing with latest Ivy Bridge KMS regressions
before branching?

Also, if I have understood correctly, Riastradh's mails on
tech-kern@  suggests that whole KMS (related to Ivy or not) stuff
needs some extra additions to kernel, for example:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2014/07/23/msg017392.html

Regards,

The KMS stuff will be in NetBSD-7; our primary goal prior to branch is to have all the infrastructure in-place, not necessarily to have all the bugs fixed. That's what the beta is for! :)

All the code and build mechanisms for the KMS drivers are imported and in-place; hopefully during the beta period existing bugs will get fixed.