Branching delayed (was Re: Preparation for creating netbsd-7 branch)

On 7/13/14, 12:11 PM, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
On behalf of the release engineering team, I am happy to announce that the release process for NetBSD 7.0 is now underway.

We will be creating the netbsd-7 CVS branch on or about July 26th, just under two weeks from today. The creation of this branch will mark the start of the Beta period, which is expected to last into September. Between now and branch time, our focus is on fixing bugs, updating documentation, and ensuring that the basics (build, installation, boot) work on as many platforms as possible.

The branch creation will be pushed back by a week, or possibly two - there's some good work happening that we're trying to get finished before we're at a good place to branch.