Re: fs/vfs/renamerace* tests

On Sat, 12 Jul 2014, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:

Paul Goyette wrote:
The test code still indicates that these tests are expected to fail for
udf, however the tests are actually passing successfully (at least in my
amd64 test-bed). [1]

I asked Reinoud about this about a year ago, and he said they were
failing for him, "with EINVAL and ENOSPC".

Hmmm. My test bed runs with a fairly large "disk" (to accomodate the fs/cd9660/t_high_ino_big_file test) so it could be avoiding the ENOSPC
condition.

A quick check through historical data shows udf_renamerace failing with EINVAL until approximately May 29th, which is around the time that I increased the disk size. However, I see no failures related to the udf_renameracedirs test, for as long as the expect_fail has been set.

I think the current behavior where the tests runs are complaining to
those who cannot reproduce the bug, but not complaining to those who
can, is not helpful.  My suggestion is to remove the atf_tc_expect_fail()
calls in case, and if this causes errors to be reported for someone,
then that person should file a PR.

I'd be happy to remove the atf_tc_expect_fail() if there are no objections.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |