Re: IPSEC does not bring ip_ecn.o into the kernel

Jarle Greipsland <jarle%uninett.no@localhost> writes:

> I tried building a -current kernel with IPSEC enabled, but with
> both the gif and stf pseudo-devices disabled.  The build process
> fails when trying to link the new kernel:
>
>  xform_ipip.o: In function `ipip_output':
>  xform_ipip.c:(.text+0x419): undefined reference to `ip_ecn_ingress'
>  xform_ipip.c:(.text+0x617): undefined reference to `ip_ecn_ingress'
>  xform_ipip.o: In function `_ipip_input.clone.0':
>  xform_ipip.c:(.text+0xbd4): undefined reference to `ip_ecn_egress'
>  xform_ipip.c:(.text+0xd13): undefined reference to `ip_ecn_egress'
> Maybe sys/conf/files should be updated so that netinet/ip_ecn.c
> is marked as a dependency of ipsec directly (since kame_ipsec
> and fast_ipsec seem to be deprecated)?

I just commited a change to sys/conf/files that drops the kame_ipsec
specifier on a few files.  But, I don't understand why ip_ecn.o wasn't
pulled in.  In src/sys/netipsec/files.netipsec, it says IPSEC depends on
FAST_IPSEC, and ip_ecn.o has an | condition for fast_ipsec.  So I just
updating (which shouldn't help, but rule #8 is only debug the latest),
and then look at the flags to see what's defined, and what happens with
the ecn file.