Re: evbppc and alpha build breakage, but not in releng autobuild

   Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 17:35:33 +0200
   From: Andreas Gustafsson <gson%gson.org@localhost>

   Taylor R Campbell wrote:
   > Good thinking -- I set MKDEBUG=yes in my mk.conf.

   Do you also set COPTS=-g?  MKDEBUG shouldn't affect optimization,
   only whether the debug symbols go into /usr/libdata/debug or the
   binaries themselves.

I don't set COPTS=-g, but

(a) my understanding is that MKDEBUG=yes now implies -g, and

(b) nevertheless, my understanding is that none of this should affect
the kernel builds, which is where the failures happened.