Re: Driver for the ST LIS302DL MEMS motion sensor

On 13 March 2013 15:22, Pierre Pronchery <khorben%defora.org@localhost> wrote:
>                         Hi current-users,
>
> I am writing a driver for the ST LIS302DL MEMS motion sensor. This
> component can be found on the I2C bus in the Nokia N900 smartphone
> hardware, which is where it currently expects to attach:
> # Accelerometer
> lis302dl0       at iic2 addr 0x1d
>
> It seems to be otherwise available in a number of other hardware
> devices, although not always on I2C apparently. The Openmoko Freerunner
> features one on the SPI interface for instance:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/ST_LIS302DL
>
> I am not currently unable to test it besides just attaching, so I will
> welcome comments before committing it, and of course suggestions as to
> how to make it more portable (eg usable on other buses as well).
>
> HTH,
> --
> khorben

One of these motion sensors was also popular on some HP laptops, and,
IIRC, it can also attach through ACPI.

I wrote an OpenBSD driver a while back, and it was fully tested:

    http://mdoc.su/o/lisa.4

I also wrote an hptd(4) for OpenBSD and FreeBSD, which is the ACPI
attachment of said lisa(4) driver, but, IIRC, it might not have been
fully tested due to a lack of hardware, and was never committed
anywhere.  Search in OpenBSD and FreeBSD archives for the details.

C.