Re: sqlite3.pc missing includedir & libdir

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 01:16:48PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> On 21 December 2011 21:37, Joerg Sonnenberger
> <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> > Well, the same test case could also just compile a test case like
> >
> > #include <sqlite3.h>
> >
> > #if SQLITE_VERSION_NUMBER < 3006003
> > #error Too old
> > #endif
> >
> > and be done. There is absolutely no need for the grepping. So yes, I
> > don't like to help broken hacks...
> >
> > Joerg
>
> akonadi's build system is intended to work across many platforms,
> including those without pkg-config.
>
> I can change the version check logic in FindSqlite.cmake to use the
> ..._VERSION variable
> version extracted in the pkg-config case, though the broken hacks
> presumably need to remain
> for other cases.

You misunderstood. I'm not talking about extracting anything from
pkg-config except CFLAGS and LIBS. I am talking about using the actual
version macro from sqlite.h and comparing against it in a test program.
That is trivial to test with cmake as well.

Joerg