Re: sqlite3.pc missing includedir & libdir

On 21 December 2011 13:54, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 01:33:54PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
>> On 21 December 2011 13:21, Joerg Sonnenberger
>> <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
>> >
>> > I don't see the point in defining them. The .pc file doesn't contain any
>> > LDFLAGS or CFLAGS and packages really shouldn't extract variables by
>> > hand.
>>
>> Hmm, looking at /usr/lib/pkgconfig/atf-c++.pc &
>> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/atf-c.pc thet both define
>> includedir, libdir, and then use them as:
>>
>> Cflags: -I${includedir}
>> Libs: -L${libdir} [...]
>>
>> So for consistency should:
>> - sqlite3.pc define Cflags & Libs similarly
>> - includedir definitions and references removed from atf-c++.pc and atf-c.pc
>> - something else?
>
> Like I said, there is no point.
>
> pkg-config --libs sqlite3
>
> --> works and gives the expected result.
>
> pkg-config --cflags sqlite3
>
> --> works and gives the expected result.

I understand that.

Akonadi's cmake configure logic extracts the includedir from
sqlite3.pc, in order to poke around in sqlite3.h.
You can argue that it shouldn't be doing that, and that it, and
anything else that  should be patched.

However, all of the .pc files I can find on a RedHat box, all of the
*.pc files on my NetBSD system with non empty Libs define and use
includedir, except for sqlite3.pc (*).

So, my original post defining but not using includedir was definitely
not correct, but I would argue that defining and then using inclduedir
& libdir - just like every other *.pc file - would be consistent.

(*) On my NetBSD box there are only 4 native *.pc files, the rest come
from pkgsrc, which obviously defines things differently, hence the
RedHat example.