Re: non-automated test failure report! :)

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 01:16:36PM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> [1:12pm] 2517>limit memoryuse 32M
> [1:12pm] 2518>./t_exhaust regcomp_too_big
> t_exhaust: WARNING: Running test cases without atf-run(1) is unsupported
> t_exhaust: WARNING: No isolation nor timeout control is being applied; you
> may get unexpected failures; see atf-test-case(4)
> passed
> [1:12pm] 2519>limit
> cputime      unlimited
> filesize     unlimited
> datasize     262144 kbytes
> stacksize    2048 kbytes
> coredumpsize 0 kbytes
> memoryuse    32768 kbytes
> descriptors  128
> memorylocked 165733 kbytes
> maxproc      160
> sbsize       unlimited
>
> Either limits don't work... which they seem not to...

I had the need to limit user processes memory to not let them crash
the machines. Unfortunately neither RLIMIT_DATA and RLIMIT_RSS worked.
Checking the kernel sources showed that we can set/get values, but are
unused otherwise ... except RLIMIT_DATA in sys_obreak().

--
Nicolas Joly

Projects and Developments in Bioinformatics
Institut Pasteur, Paris.