Re: non-automated test failure report! :)

On Nov 15, 11:36pm, njoly%pasteur.fr@localhost (Nicolas Joly) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: non-automated test failure report!  :)

| On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 01:16:36PM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
| >
| > [1:12pm] 2517>limit memoryuse 32M
| > [1:12pm] 2518>./t_exhaust regcomp_too_big
| > t_exhaust: WARNING: Running test cases without atf-run(1) is unsupported
| > t_exhaust: WARNING: No isolation nor timeout control is being applied; you
may get unexpected failures; see atf-test-case(4)
| > passed
| > [1:12pm] 2519>limit
| > cputime      unlimited
| > filesize     unlimited
| > datasize     262144 kbytes
| > stacksize    2048 kbytes
| > coredumpsize 0 kbytes
| > memoryuse    32768 kbytes
| > descriptors  128
| > memorylocked 165733 kbytes
| > maxproc      160
| > sbsize       unlimited
| >
| > Either limits don't work... which they seem not to...
|
| I had the need to limit user processes memory to not let them crash
| the machines. Unfortunately neither RLIMIT_DATA and RLIMIT_RSS worked.
| Checking the kernel sources showed that we can set/get values, but are
| unused otherwise ... except RLIMIT_DATA in sys_obreak().

You need both RLIMIT_AS and RLIMIT_DATA for malloc since some of them use
both sbrk() and mmap. What I was complaining was that RLIMIT_RSS seems to
be non-functional and I just grepped the source and it is :-)

christos