Re: raidframe performance question

On 2011-05-06 21.58, Paul Goyette wrote:

On 2011-05-06 20.32, Paul Goyette wrote:
Conclusion: these disk drives suck! It's not a raidframe problem....

What interest me is if this really is a drive problem, or some NetBSD
problem. I have observed problems in the past that might be related,
with rather bad I/O performance. Haven't had time to dig deeper into
it, or properly even diagnose it, so it's mostly suspicions.

Could you try booting some other OS and try the performance of the disks?

As several people pointed out, the poor drive performance was a direct
result of using the block device vs raw device. With the raw device I
have both drives simultaneously dd'ing at nearly 100M _each_. Erasure is
nearly finished now, and I'll be trying to reassemble the raidset
tomorrow morning.

Yeah, saw that.
However, I still find it strange that performance drops that much from using the block device...

        Johnny