Re: Porting DRM/GEM from OpenBSD

On 02/09/2011 04:51 PM, Pouya D. Tafti wrote:

I followed your suggestion, built the native Xorg server, extracted
your archive over it, booted your pre-built amd64 kernel, and was
finally able to use the intel driver.  The laptop rebooted the first
time (after having started Xorg first with the vesa driver and then
restarting it with the intel one), but after the second boot all
seemed to work well.

Thanks for your feedback.

At first, I couldn't reproduce this reboot issue on my (Core i5)
laptop.  Now I can reproduce it reliably, with:

1. set driver vesa in xorg.conf
2. run startx (e.g., with no .xinitrc)
3. set driver intel in xorg.conf
4. echo "startkde" > .xinitrc
5. startx

KDE launches normally for the first few seconds, and then the laptop
reboots.  Without step 4, or with fluxbox in step 4, the problem does
not occur.  And KDE seems to work fine without steps 1-2.  I'll look
into this issue (at some point).

On a related note, I'm not sure that it's a problem with the intel
driver, but when I run Xorg/vesa after Xorg/intel, the display is
garbled (but it seems that the rest works, I hear the gdm beep).

GrÃgoire