Re: Booting -current under anita/qemu

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:

I installed from a fresh (to the extent building in an existing objdir
can be fresh) amd64cd in qemu just before I committed the mbr_gpt/bootxx
changes this evening.

But you did not boot from current bootblocks installed on hard disk?

(Just asking, not sure if booting from wd0 is the same as from cd. qemu successfully boots from emulated-floppy drive, and successfully runs sysinstall, it is only later when it tries to boot from the installed images.)

That "out of swap" looks ominous.  Does anita configure any swap
partition during installation?   My qemu had the default 128MB and
I gave it 64MB of swap on (virtual) disk.

The hard drive is specified to be 1GB, and it gets partitioned by sysinstall. I'm pretty sure it just uses sysinstall defaults. By looking at the log file, it looks like 32MB of swap. I'm not sure how much fun it would be to change this in anita.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |