Re: ACPI/Interrupt trouble on AMD 880G

In Message <20101231131137.GA20214%marx.bitnet@localhost>,
   Jukka Ruohonen <jruohonen%iki.fi@localhost>wrote:

=>On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 08:02:37AM -0500, Gary Duzan wrote:
=>>    Two hits in one day. Disabled C1E in the BIOS and it comes up
=>> with ACPI fine.
=>
=>Can you try enabling the acpicpu(4) driver (and turning the C1E back on from
=>the BIOS); see the manual page for short instructions. There is supposed to
=>be a workaround for this in acpicpu(4).

   Yes, that does seem to work. Sorry I didn't check that before,
but I thought it would have been in GENERIC, and from the man page
I can see why it wouldn't be. Is it likely to show up in GENERIC
or INSTALL soon? If not, I'll probably leave C1E disabled rather
than have to deal with custom kernels.

                                        Gary Duzan