Re: Fwd: installing NetBSD/amd64-current on a ThinkPad X201

[Christos Zoulas]
>> Sverre ported the latest driver that has support for the 6200 but I don't
>> have the hardware to test it.

[Sverre Froyen]
> Beware that the OpenBSD iwn driver "supports" some devices for which firmware
> is not yet available. It is likely this applies to the 6200. See
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/dev/pci/if_iwn.c
>
> Since NetBSD's iwn driver is ported from OpenBSD, it has the same limitation.

Thank you both.  Firmware for the 6200 and 6300 series seems to be
available from

<http://intellinuxwireless.org/index.php?n=downloads>

(the README file included in "iwlwifi-6000-ucode-9.193.4.1.tgz" says
that it is for the 6200 and 6300 series).  On the main website it is
mentioned that firmware for the 6250 series is not yet available.

I will try it and report back as soon as I receive the hardware.  (By
the way, sysutils/iwn-firmware from pkgsrc could perhaps be updated to
include support for the 5000 and 6000 series.)

Thanks again,
Pouya