Re: Fwd: installing NetBSD/amd64-current on a ThinkPad X201

On Tue May 11 2010 09:07:33 Christos Zoulas wrote:
> In article
> <AANLkTinyUdKwR9DNAgS29rLk3Mb2ibgrxVnreb4TyT9c%mail.gmail.com@localhost>,
>
> Pouya D. Tafti <p.d.tafti%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> >1. Is the Advanced-N 6200 wireless adapter supported by iwn?
> >(OpenBSD's iwn seems to support it but I don't know if this has been
> >ported back to NetBSD).
>
> Sverre ported the latest driver that has support for the 6200 but I don't
> have the hardware to test it.

Beware that the OpenBSD iwn driver "supports" some devices for which firmware
is not yet available. It is likely this applies to the 6200. See

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/dev/pci/if_iwn.c

Since NetBSD's iwn driver is ported from OpenBSD, it has the same limitation.

Regards,
Sverre