High performance random-access disk operations (Raidframe?)

So, I'm building a machine that I want to have a filesystem that performs very well for [mostly reads] random access to random parts of data files. I don't expect as many directory operations as file read/ write operations.

I was thinking about Raidframe RAID 0, but wondering if the extra level of having the raidframe code in the mix will slow it down? Would I just be better using a single partition/device of smaller size than to go to the effort of using raidframe to stripe things?

Thanks. Apologies if I didn't give enough information to adequately explain what I'm asking about.

                   - Chris