Re: High performance random-access disk operations (Raidframe?)

On Tue, 11 May 2010 00:52:34 -0400
Chris Ross <cross+netbsd%distal.com@localhost> wrote:

>    I was thinking about Raidframe RAID 0, but wondering if the extra
> level of having the raidframe code in the mix will slow it down?
> Would I just be better using a single partition/device of smaller size
> than to go to the effort of using raidframe to stripe things?

I've indeed seen "RAID 10" used for such circumstances (that is, a RAID
1 for redundancy, which is stripped using RAID 0 for performance).  I
would assume the raidframe performance to be decent with a good
configuration, unless the machine is quite slow...
--
Matt