Re: fsck seg fault failure on vmware -i386?

> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010, "Eduardo Horvath" <eeh%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
>> SO...seems maybe fsck_ffs needs something in /usr when it finds issues
>> and pukes when it can't find it?
>
> I wonder if it has something to do with shared libs.  Can you try
> /rescue/fsck_ffs ?

/rescue/fsck_ffs behaves EXACTLY the same.

Without /usr mounted it dies (see screenshot below)
With /usr mounted it fixes the crippled partition (two screeshots for this)

I've also included a screen shot of the multi-user boot failure message...

Why would /usr influence /rescue/fsck_ffs?

--gene