Re: git copies of cvs modules available

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> The only place the keywords have the N-1 value is *in the ,v file*.

I'd just like to note that the value cannot be relied upon to be "N-1". It
will be whatever was committed.. as I now understand that the substitution
occurs on the checkout; if you commit

  /*  $NetBSD: i don't really care about the version$  */

then thats what will be stored in the repository..

I mention this because I pointed out to somebody once that their patch was
mangling the keyword version string, they said it didn't matter as CVS
would fix it up.  I fully expect that the stored version strings are not
always consistent, and therefore any repo direct conversion tool needs to
do the sustitution otherwise information is lost (even if keyword
substitution is not used in the new format)

iain