Re: sysinst split project - The Configuration File

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 09:38:49PM +0100, Marc Balmer wrote:

> Lua would make a lot of sense, since Lua can also be used to drive the
> overall logic and user interface.  Lua should be embedded in sysinst to
> drive it.

IMVHO embedding Lua in sysinst may be worthwhile. Quick look at
imapfilter project[1] can give an idea about Lua's strength.

PS. I'm against XML: parsing (in most libraries) is memory hungry
and editing is inconvenient for humans. If Lua isn't acceptable,
maybe YAML[2] or JSON should be considered? The first one is pretty
easy to use (at least with simple cases). Also most popular languages
has libraries for manipulating both formats.

1 - http://imapfilter.hellug.gr/
2 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YAML

--
Piotr 'aniou' Meyer