Re: rcorder: Circular dependency on provision `named' in file `/etc/rc.d/ntpdate'.

On Wed 23 Sep 2009 at 17:12:15 +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Sep 2009, Rhialto wrote:
> > On Wed 23 Sep 2009 at 09:13:04 +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
> > > Making ntpdate start before named was discussed in tech-userlevel
> > > after the change was made.  Some people were unhappy about it.
>
> Oops, I somehow swapped the two script names in my previous message.
> What I meant was:  making named start before ntpdate was discussed
> in tech-userlevel after the change was made.

Ah ok. (It made me think the change occurred before 5.0, but with your
correction it becomes clear it was after 5.0).

> Perry's change was supposed to fix that problem.  If you see that
> behaviour, and your /etc/rc.d is up to date with -current, then I
> don't know what's wrong.

I can retract my remark now, and be happy with the though that when I
update the issue should be gone.

> --apb (Alan Barrett)
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.