Re: rcorder: Circular dependency on provision `named' in file `/etc/rc.d/ntpdate'.

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
> Receiving the message:
>
> rcorder: Circular dependency on provision `named' in file
> `/etc/rc.d/ntpdate'.

I am unable to replicate that with a clean /etc/rc.d.  I suspect
that you have some out of date files; for example, do you have
revision 1.22 of /etc/rc.d/named?

> Not too sure why named was added to ntpdate?

Making ntpdate start before named was discussed in tech-userlevel
after the change was made.  Some people were unhappy about it.

--apb (Alan Barrett)