Re: exec: /sbin/init: error 8

On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 10:36:32PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
  | Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
  |
  | > On Tue, 5 May 2009, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
  | > > I'm also thinking if it's worth to split module files
  | > > from base.tgz into an independent module.tgz or so.
  | > > (though we also have to modify sysinst(8) too)
  | >
  | > Or the modules could be included in the kernel tar file. Or would it be
  | > okay for user using sysinst to choose different kernel and different
  | > modules sets?
  |
  | IIUC all modules should not depend on each kernel config.
  | (I'm not sure about misc DIAGNOSTIC/DEBUG options though)
  | Then, if all sets are come from the same source tree
  | I don't think it could cause any problem to put an independent
  | module set file into installation files.

I think we need to resolve the issue of the location of the
modules before we start adding 'modules' support to build.sh
and creating new set tar files.

I am not alone in being unhappy with the current path naming
scheme and location of the modules and the resulting lossage
(and lack of useful diagnostics) that occurs when you install
a new kernel without the modules.

I should (re)start a (separate) discussion on this naming topic.

cheers,
Luke.