Re: exec: /sbin/init: error 8

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Tue, 5 May 2009, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> > I'm also thinking if it's worth to split module files
> > from base.tgz into an independent module.tgz or so.
> > (though we also have to modify sysinst(8) too)
>
> Or the modules could be included in the kernel tar file. Or would it be
> okay for user using sysinst to choose different kernel and different
> modules sets?

IIUC all modules should not depend on each kernel config.
(I'm not sure about misc DIAGNOSTIC/DEBUG options though)
Then, if all sets are come from the same source tree
I don't think it could cause any problem to put an independent
module set file into installation files.

Even if an user extracts wrong version of modules,
bootloader and kernel will check machine/version strings
in /stand directory properly, I think.
---
Izumi Tsutsui