Re: IPF 4.1.29 problems

Martti Kuparinen wrote:

I think it is, because other-host I was ssh'ing to is in the same server room (on a different subnet) so the traffic never leaves our house...

Me -----> vlan2000 fw wm0 ---> internet
                vlan1128

              other-host

All our vlanXXXX interfaces are on top of wm1.

In fact this happens also when I ssh from our server (.2) to the fw (.1) (which is on the same subnet) so something is wrong in our firewall (IPF or something else). The rules in this case are:

block in from any to xxx.xxx.xxx.1 head 104
  # PING
  pass in on vlan2000 quick proto icmp from any to any icmp-type echo  group 104
  # Incoming SSH
  pass in quick proto tcp from xxx.xxx.xxx.2 to any port = 22 \
    flags S keep state keep frags                                      group 104
  # Block everything else without any error message
  block in log quick all                                               group 104
block out from xxx.xxx.xxx.1 to any head 105
  # PING
  pass out on vlan2000 quick proto icmp from any to any \
    icmp-type echorep                                                  group 105
  # Allow else everything
  pass out quick proto tcp from any to any \
    flags S keep state keep frags                                      group 105
  pass out quick proto udp from any to any \
    keep state keep frags                                              group 105
  pass out quick proto icmp from any to any \
    icmp-type echo keep state                                          group 105

Martti