Re: IPF 4.1.29 problems

On 20 Oct 2008, at 13:23, Martin S. Weber wrote:
I have this problem also when using a ssh session from here to overseas
but not when going from here to the same continent. Must be some big
router that drops inactive sessions.

"Big routers" cannot afford to keep track of TCP sessions because there
are too many of them.

My guess is that the server which works uses the "ClientAliveInterval"
option in "/etc/ssh/sshd_config" to prevent TCP connections from getting
timed out on some broken intermediate device.

We have similar problems at work with Sonicwall firewalls. The above
configuration option has proven to be an appropriate way to work around
this issue.

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                           http://zhadum.org.uk/