Re: IPF 4.1.29 problems

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 03:15:50PM +0300, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> Martti Kuparinen wrote:
>> After checking the state table, it appears that the state entry is removed
>> from the kernel
>
> This happens if I just ssh to another host and let the shell prompt be
> untouched. After few minutes the corresponding state entry is removed
> according to "ipfstat -t -D other-host" so my SSH session stops working.
>
> If I have data going all the time (like running top on that terminal) the
> state entry is not removed so SSH keeps working as expected.

I have this problem also when using a ssh session from here to overseas
but not when going from here to the same continent. Must be some big
router that drops inactive sessions. When going from here (US) to freeshell.org
(also US) I'm fine even when inactive. For my overseas sessions I run screen
and have one window where it's printing a single dot every 30 seconds or so.

I don't think this is netbsd specific.

-Martin