Re: wpa_supplicant before dhcpcd

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 01:44:44PM -0400, matthew sporleder wrote:
> I like the idea of saying wpa in the same line as dhcp if we're going
> that direction for per-interface configs.  However, I would prefer it
> if simply added any "wpa" flagged interfaces to the -i argument of
> wpa_supplicant.

The problem here is that not all interfaces might be present at boot
time. wpa_supplicant currently has no way to say "add the following
interface". If it did, we could just make wpa_supplicant a requirement
of the main network rc.d script and add interfaces as we go.

Similiarly after an interface went away, it would just inform
wpa_supplicant that it should no longer care about it.

I've added Jouni to the CC, he is the best person to decide if such a
change would be acceptable for wpa_supplicant.

Joerg