Re: wpa_supplicant before dhcpcd

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 09:15:58PM -0400, matthew sporleder wrote:
> How do I convince wpa_supplicant to start before dhcpcd?  My rc.conf
> looks like this:

If you don't mind it connecting to open wireless networks, you can just
let it wait. It should get a new lease once wpa_supplicant decided on
the network to use.

In fact, it might be a good idea to hook up wpa_supplicant in a similiar
way as dhcpcd, since it is too per-interface.

I should mention that there is one open issue with WPA/WPA2: the
interface is marked as up as soon as the authentication to the AP
started, but before the port is authenticated. If EAP takes too long,
dhcpcd will gave up for a while.

Joerg