Re: wpa_supplicant before dhcpcd

On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 15:09 +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 09:15:58PM -0400, matthew sporleder wrote:
> > How do I convince wpa_supplicant to start before dhcpcd?  My rc.conf
> > looks like this:
>
> If you don't mind it connecting to open wireless networks, you can just
> let it wait. It should get a new lease once wpa_supplicant decided on
> the network to use.
>
> In fact, it might be a good idea to hook up wpa_supplicant in a similiar
> way as dhcpcd, since it is too per-interface.

You may wish to consider shipping a default /etc/wpa_suppliant.conf
which looks like so

# This is a network block that connects to any unsecured access point.
# We give it a low priority so any defined blocks are preferred.
network={
        key_mgmt=NONE
        priority=-9999999
}

And this in defualts/rc.conf
wpa_supplicant_args="-B -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf"

Then the user could do this in /etc/rc.conf
ifconfig_iwi0="wpa dhcp"

And would get the same defaults as if not using wpa (wpa_supplicant)
which would be to connect to best unsecured network.

Thanks

Roy