Re: sh -e changes broke pkgsrc

dholland-tech%NetBSD.org@localhost said:
> there's another unclear issue. In bin/32282, if I understand
> correctly, dsl@ says that -e failures inside a () subshell should
> cause the outside shell to exit also

A subshell invocation is a command as any other.
So in the light of what was said before -- if the subshell
return status was caught by a "&&" or so, the outside
shell should not exit. Otherwise, it should.

From that PR:
> $ /bin/sh -c 'set -e; (false); echo $?'
> 1

This was wrong, and it has been fixed.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt