Re: src/BUILDING doesn't document installing kernel

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 08:59:35AM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> >From Makefile.kern.inc, I adjusted to use KERNOBJDIR and kconf since
> BUILDING uses that:
>
> rm -f /onetbsd
> ln /netbsd /onetbsd
> cp KERNOBJDIR/kconf/netbsd /nnetbsd
> mv /nnetbsd /netbsd

Note that this is not good enough on a few archs, but we should probably call
that a bug, file PRs, and fix Makefile.kern.inc where possible. Examples are:
prep needs to create a msdosfs boot image embedding the new kernel, many ARM
archs need to convert to a.out and install both elf and a.out version. And
for example on an evbmips meshcube you won't be able to do it at all, since
you need to update the .srec file on the tftp server.

Martin