Port-next68k archive

Re: next68k: current issues

Hi,

> Thank you very much for the kernel! I did a quick test and this is my result (all emulated):
>
> NeXTcube: works
> NeXTstation: works
> NeXTstation Color: works
> NeXTcube Turbo: bootloader thinks it is non-Turbo (type 8, which is in fact Turbo) and crashes while trying to read bmap address 0x020c0034
> NeXTstation Turbo: works
> NeXTstation Turbo Color: kernel tries to access registers, that do not exist on Turbo Color (only on Color): 0x02118180, 0x02118190, 0x02118198 (color video control and memory timings)

Thanks for a quick report!

> The SCSI problem still exists. I suppose the fix for that was not included yet?

I've put updated GENERIC kernel and compiled bootloader:
 http://teokurebsd.org/netbsd/next68k/turbofb/boot_20230210.gz
 http://teokurebsd.org/netbsd/next68k/turbofb/netbsd-GENERIC-turbofb_20230210.gz

- bootloader is built from the latest tree including SCSI INQUIRY fix:
 https://github.com/tsutsui/netbsd-src/commit/77214cbcc5f2d017b94de5307806a72dee3268e9

- NeXT_CUBE_TURBO machine type is added:
 https://github.com/tsutsui/netbsd-src/commit/fe8fb94d9c8a54b64655f14c80078fd5b2e68721
 -> This should fix a crash in bootloader here:
 https://github.com/tsutsui/netbsd-src/blob/55cf837292998ff8371098e3deae169c619d7d8c/sys/arch/next68k/stand/boot/en.c#L141

- Workaround for Turbo Color video (skip NEXT_P_C16_CMD_REG accesses)
 https://github.com/tsutsui/netbsd-src/commit/55cf837292998ff8371098e3deae169c619d7d8c

I cannot find which code touches 0x02118190 (NEXT_P_DRAM_TIMING)
and 0x02118198 (NEXT_P_VRAM_TIMING) in NetBSD/next68k kernel sources.
Could you check which PC address that tries to access them?

Thanks,
---
Izumi Tsutsui