Port-next68k archive

Re: next68k: current issues

> Am 09.02.2023 um 19:50 schrieb Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>:
>
> I wrote:
>
>>> Unfortunately I have no setup to compile the kernel.
>>> But maybe Mr. Engel can compile it once he has some spare time.
>>
>> Ok, I'll try to implement for three variants and put a kernel
>> binary somewhere.
>
> Here is a dumb fix for Turbo VRAMs:
> https://github.com/tsutsui/netbsd-src/commit/58a2e850a78a2c7146c5e86fcb56aee8d2bd20e9
>
> At least it works on my NeXTstation mono as before.
> I've also put a GENERIC kernel binary here:
> http://teokurebsd.org/netbsd/next68k/turbofb/netbsd-GENERIC-turbofb_20230209.gz
>
> Thanks,
> ---
> Izumi Tsutsui

Thank you very much for the kernel! I did a quick test and this is my result (all emulated):

NeXTcube: works
NeXTstation: works
NeXTstation Color: works
NeXTcube Turbo: bootloader thinks it is non-Turbo (type 8, which is in fact Turbo) and crashes while trying to read bmap address 0x020c0034
NeXTstation Turbo: works
NeXTstation Turbo Color: kernel tries to access registers, that do not exist on Turbo Color (only on Color): 0x02118180, 0x02118190, 0x02118198 (color video control and memory timings)

The SCSI problem still exists. I suppose the fix for that was not included yet?

Best wishes,
Andreas