Re: Can't boot 10 images in BeagleBone Black

On Sat, 2024-04-27 at 08:05 +1200, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
> On Fri, 2024-04-26 at 18:25 +0200, Dr. Nicola Mingotti wrote:
> >
> > Btw, it must be possible to fix this.
>
> Oh yes. I'm sure it is. I've built a new version of U-Boot and I'll
> test it as soon as I've had breakfast.

I got it to work with U-Boot 2022.04 from pkgsrc.

You can update U-Boot by installing the sysutils/u-boot-beagleboneblack
package on NetBSD 10 and the running "installboot -m evbarm -o
board=ti,am335x-bone-black NetBSD-HEAD-earmv7hf-202404241210Z-bone-
black.img". Note that's the uncompressed image file.

You can build the sysutils/u-boot-beagleboneblack package yourself, but
it does take a while because it needs to build its own GCC cross
compiler. I recommend just installing a NetBSD 10 binary package from
pkgsrc.org.

You can also use dd to patch the MLO and u-boot.img files into the
image, but U-Boot is much bigger than it used to be and so the block
counts given in the linked stackoverflow posting are wildly wrong. The
offsets appear to be correct though.

Ngā-mihi,
Lloyd

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60873038/how-to-write-new-mlo-and-u-boot-img-to-an-sd-card-without-erasing-the-os