Re: Can't boot 10 images in BeagleBone Black

Thank you a lot for testing Lloyd !

You experiments suggest me what can be wrong in
the BBB machine i am testing.

I am (unfortunately) acquainted with the S2 button,
it caused a lot of headache to me in the past so, by default, whenever i decide to run a BBB from SD card I usually wipe out the eMMC (remove partitions or dd zero) just to be sure that, in any case, S2 button or not, the microSD will be booted.

What you tell me indicates the NetBSD-10 to boot needs something
good (out of the box status) into the eMMC.

So, the only quick way i have to try NetBSD in BBB out would be to put Linux back into the eMMC first, ironically;)

Btw, it must be possible to fix this. I have a FreeBSD image built a few months ago and it boots from SDCard, even if I wiped the eMMC.

Thank you again for your feedback, I will see what i can do

I found this very old mail that could be of help:
https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm/2013/07/23/msg001919.html

bye
Nicola