advice needed

NetBSD-9.2 amd64
I thought I needed to upgrade ghostscript, so did

#pkgin install ghostscript

and was told 140 packages needed attention.  So I set the process off
and went for lunch.  Just 1 error was reported but with significat
consequences.

/usr/pkg/pkgdb/glib2-2.78.1nb1 was empty save for a .core file, which
I deleted.  This module seems to be critical, so for instance I no
longer have a working firefox.

How to get this installed with least disruption?  I am new to pkgin,
though not to pkgsrc.

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>