Re: NetBSD 9.3 to 10.0 upgrade failure - check for DOS fs

On Wed, Apr 10, 2024 at 11:42:22PM +0200, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Your explanation sounds plausible.
> However, "UEFI Boot Mode" is disabled in BIOS, I don't know if it is still
> used by the CD or "detected" somehow anyway.
>
> How can I tell further?

Can you boot the original install CD you used, exit the installer and
check the output of:

	sysctl machdep.bootmethod

This should either tell you BIOS or UEFI, and this is how the installer
decides what kind of setup the booted system later will need.

Martin