NetBSD 9.3 to 10.0 upgrade failure - check for DOS fs

Hi!

I want to upgrade my 9.3 amd64 laptop.
Since my other upgrade using sysupgrade was a failure, i tried doing it via CD install. I still hope either to get help fixing my other laptop or being able to "compare" with a successful install

So I have a perfect working 9.3 installation on on an HP ProBook laptop.
I boot the CD which works fine

I get a low-res framebuffer (it is detected as 1366x768, but VGA size fonts are displayed, please please put Hi-Res back! all other BSDs, including obscure Darwin or Linux do that!)

I select b-> Upgrade
Confirm -> yes
Which disk? wd0 (it is the only one!)

I thus get "Command failed"
/sbin/fsck_msdos -p -q /dev/rsd0e

device not configured

why the heck is it trying to check for an msdos filesystem?

I get into the utility menu, run fdisk on "wd0" and then see one partition table 0, NetBSD

disklabel shows:
a: 4.2BSD
b: swap
c unused
d: unused

no "e" of course... and no MS-DOS in sight. It was already a fully BSD-ized system.

Riccardo