updating xf86-video-intel driver

Is there some script/process/README that I'm missing on how the
xfreedesktop.org code is imported into the xsrc tree?
I see these dist/ subdirectories, but they seem to be neither a superset or
subset of what's out there in gitlab.freedesktop.org land.

(I'm also perplexed by the xfree/xc references in xsrc/Makefile.
That must be old.  build.sh somehow works while not tripping there.
I don't quite understand what's going on. Used to be cd /usr/xsrc && make,
did something, but maybe those days are long over)

]     mcr%sandelman.ca@localhost  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [