re: updating xf86-video-intel driver

Michael Richardson writes:
> Is there some script/process/README that I'm missing on how the
> xfreedesktop.org code is imported into the xsrc tree?
> I see these dist/ subdirectories, but they seem to be neither a superset or
> subset of what's out there in gitlab.freedesktop.org land.

the upstream srcs are imported into

   xsrc/external/<lic>/<package>/dist

with some pre-generated files stored along side the
dist subdir in either include or src normally.

the build is over in src, though.  see:

   src/external/mit/xorg/server/drivers/xf86-video-intel*

(there are two versions to choose from.)

> (I'm also perplexed by the xfree/xc references in xsrc/Makefile.
> That must be old.  build.sh somehow works while not tripping there.
> I don't quite understand what's going on. Used to be cd /usr/xsrc && make,
> did something, but maybe those days are long over)

someone (tm) should remove old xsrc/xfree refs.  you can
trigger something similiar to the old "make" in xsrc with
a "nbmake-foo build" in src/external/mit/xorg as a toplevel.

.mrg.