Re: DDC info refresh?

> If I was working on this, I would aim for something like this:
> - Report an event to userland upon a monitor hotplug.

I've been investigating more, and it turns out all the infrastructure
is there - there is already such an event defined by Xrandr.  In 8.0 it
doesn't actually work - the event isn't sent upon monitor connect or
disconnect, at least not in the case of my test machine, but is instead
delayed until some (other) client queries state - but there is no need
to define a new event or a new event-carrying mechanism or any of that.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign