Re: Nouveau driver on nvidia 8500GT (amd64)

   Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 06:46:08 +1100
   from: matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost>

   thanks.  this works for me now.  except the wsdisplay is broken:

   drm kern info: nouveau  [  PGRAPH][nouveau0] using external firmware
   firmware_open(nouveau/nv117_fuc409c) called too early.
   firmware_open(nouveau/fuc409c) called too early.

   which fortunately doesn't panic for my serial console.  next
   step is to use config_mountroot() here like radeon, and the
   non PCI nouveau.

Cool!  This should be easy to adapt from radeon.  Getting it to attach
vga instead if there's no firmware may be a little trickier...  I'm
still sitting on a kludgey patch to try to do this (vga0 at radeon0 at
pci0) but lack the time to make it work.