re: Nouveau driver on nvidia 8500GT (amd64)

> Just checked in fixes for a load of bogosity around this.  I ought
> never to have made the struct pci_dev::dev sham in the first place --
> it avoided changing upstream code in about one place safely, and
> caused bugs in dozens of other places.

thanks.  this works for me now.  except the wsdisplay is broken:

drm kern info: nouveau  [  PGRAPH][nouveau0] using external firmware
firmware_open(nouveau/nv117_fuc409c) called too early.
firmware_open(nouveau/fuc409c) called too early.

which fortunately doesn't panic for my serial console.  next
step is to use config_mountroot() here like radeon, and the
non PCI nouveau.

.mrg.