Re: intel drmkms

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 11:40:16AM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
> From adding some debug, the driver isn't able to read the EDID for the
> LCD panel via i2c, it can read one for an external monitor though on
> different pins.
>
> A kernel built with 6.99.43 works on this machine but I can't see what
> has changed since then that is causing the problem.

It sounds as though you are following the path I ended up following:
it turned out after more debug, that "old" code fell back to mapping
a ROM and using resolution read from there, so the i2c (gmbus or
something like that?) side doesn't work. AFAIR Taylor fixed that
by enabling acpi so the ROM could be mapped...

(pci_find_rom in include/linux/pci.h was failing)

... question is what is different in your case, as Taylor fixed it for me...

Cheers,

Patrick