Re: Problems after xorg patch to 5.0_STABLE

On Sep 21, 2009, at 12:14 PM, Jukka Salmi wrote:

However, I removed the directory in question and extracted the set
again, but the screen still goes black as soon as Xorg is running.

Sadly, this is expected. See PR xsrc/41870. I am very tempted to change our X server back to the old behavior of installing a default cursor immediately and painting the background to that horrible horrible eye-killing pattern. Much as I hate that default background, black with no cursor is all kinds of wrong.